Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Fallout: Equestria

GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Hi.
This is a thread about an awesome book that is awesome and awesome and super cool. Made by Kkat in 2011.
Also, a crossover fanfic between the universe of MLP and Fallout.
Also, one of the most popular and well-liked mlp fanfic, and one of the biggest fanfic overall as it spans through 45 chapters and over 625,000 words.
It is very cool.
If you want to read it, this page of the wiki has a list of all means possible. Weather it is by reading, listening to it, or watching the animated comic.
Warning: This wiki is, of course, is filled with spoilers, with this page being one of the only remaining spoiler-free. Don't click away everywhere if you feel like you might regret it.

Yeah, so talk about that stuff here. if you're gonna talk about potential-spoilery stuff, please do so with a big old waring plastered at the top of your comment.

If you're thinking about reading this book, but you're not too much into reading or stuff like that, like me, please consider the other means of knowing the story, like the audiobooks, before quiting this masterpiece.
Oh, and warning: contains content for mature audiences. It's a book about a post-apocalyptic war type thing. You'll find quite a bunch of swears, gruesome content, a whole bucket of blood and guts that will make Quentin Tarantino look like a Pyro's hallucination from TF2. (but it's still the best book of all time)
image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
Tagged:

Comments

• ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    Gouchnox said:

one of the biggest fanfic overall as it spans through 45 chapters and over 625,000 words.

And then there's this guy who once decided to write an epic…
    Gouchnox said:

It is very cool.

No arguments here. IMO it was more in line with spirit of original fallouts than FO3 was. And that's a good thing. Also, Gouchy, I think you had something to say about timeline not making sense?
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    [message removed]
    Post edited by Gouchnox on
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Also, Gouchy, I think you had something to say about timeline not making sense?

Took a little bit longer than I thought, sorry.
    Well,
    Spike will show up, don't worry. Sweetie and Diamond might be just namesakes.
    I don't recall them at all, so they didn't impact the story
    edited July 2015
    Shylight said:

Well, [

The way they were depicted by other characters were not namesakes, I'm telling you. They are indeed Sweetie Belle and Diamond Tiara. Which means that there is a continuity mistake! Ha!
    btw: never played any Fallouts, and the only facts that I know about them are pretty much those.
    Gouchnox said:

btw: never played any Fallouts, and the only facts that I know about them are pretty much those.

Hmm, that's a shame. I'd recommend trying a first one at least (or watching a letsplay). With proper patches, it can provide good experience even now. The way the plot comes together, the way your actions are assessed… First two games were great.

Then came FO3 that took some big liberties with the lore, gave us the horrible ending (and summary of actions that depended on "karma"… I mean come on, when you first beat FO and you get a bunch of messages like "hey, remember this town? Well because of your actions all its citizens died a slow and painful death". And in FO3 you get "Vault dweller was a dick, but purified the water. lel.") and generally was geared towards shooting (the ammo is abundant! Abundant!!!) and looting (hundreds of years after the nukes hit, in the ruins of a shop near a lively settlement… You can find food. What. The. Fuck?). And don't get me started on mobs…

-gets thwapped in the face by a book-

…Oh, sorry, was I ranting about FO again? It's kind of a sore subject. Anyway, FOE felt to me more in tune with the actual FO universe than the damn FO3.
    I don't know.
    One thing I love about them main characters of FO:E is that Littlepip is a lesbian and there's no pointless love interest.
    Holy molly!
    That is a lot.
    And I mean, a lot. Of reading.
    Damn, look at Project Horizon over there with 1M words and still going.
    Wow.
    How many has the Lord of the Rings? I forgot.
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell what's weirder for me, the fact that this exists (A my little pony Fallout crossover, what do those two things have in common at all) or the fact that I actually already heard of this a few weeks ago. But seriously, whether it's good or not, why does this exist?
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
    At one moment in my Internet career, I stopped wondering "why" and started asking "how".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
    Jarr2003 said:

I can't tell what's weirder for me, the fact that this exists (A my little pony Fallout crossover, what do those two things have in common at all) or the fact that I actually already heard of this a few weeks ago. But seriously, whether it's good or not, why does this exist?

MLP is actually a very versatile base for the crossovers since most of its lore is defined very vaguely. FOE isn't even that weird of a combination. Foul Light Shines, for example, integrates Equestria into Warhammer 40k universe.
  • AlderiAlderi Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Jarr2003 said:

MLP is actually a very versatile base for the crossovers since most of its lore is defined very vaguely. FOE isn't even that weird of a combination. Foul Light Shines, for example, integrates Equestria into Warhammer 40k universe.
    ...Wow.

I wonder what a MLP/Stargate crossover would look like :p
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    edited July 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
  • AlderiAlderi Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭
    Zyzzyzus said:

Alderi said:

Shylight said:

Jarr2003 said:

...Wow.

I wonder what a MLP/Stargate crossover would look like :p
    https://fanfiction.net/Stargate-SG-1-and-My-Little-Pony-Crossovers/68/621/

As I said, pick 2 popular things that don't have a crossover. :p
    "When the SG-1 team stumbles through the Stargate into Equestria, an ancient sleeping foe awakens. Can Colonel O'Neill and his team protect the planet's unusual but friendly inhabitants and find their way home again?"

I'm so gonna read this x)
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
    Fallout: Equestria is longer than both LotR and the Hobbit combined.
    And I've read those, and they're pretty long.
    Conclusion: I'm gonna have a good time for a long time ^^
    Shylight said:

Hmm, that's a shame. I'd recommend trying a first one at least (or watching a letsplay). With proper patches, it can provide good experience even now. The way the plot comes together, the way your actions are assessed… First two games were great.

I watched the speedruns for the first three games (cause that's always what I do) to just see if that was my kind of game... and I'm afraid it isn't. Firstly, I'm not a gamer, and I don't play shit. And there's a few game types that I ever play, like RPGs, strategy, shooters... basically, I'm only half decent at platformers. Yes, that's sad.
    And I don't think that watching a lp of these games could be cool.. I mean, to me, they don't seem that appealing. Like, the kind of games that I would like.
    I've seen FO speedruns. It's a sad sight. And doesn't give the games justice.
    Zyzzyzus said:

Jarr2003 said:

I have a challenge. Find 2 really popular games/TV shows/films etc. where a crossover doesn't exist. :p
    Challenge accepted!

Ok, I think Lost does not have any pony crossovers. But, It's name might be the only reason I couldn't find any.

Couldn't find anything else, though.
    My Pokefarm Q Account
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Member, Flagger Posts: 16,335 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Shylight said:

Jarr2003 said:

You could do Warhammer 40k + MLP for a famous fanfic if it wasn't for the fact that the Warhammer 40k fanbase has some of the most toxic anti-bronies I've seen in my life.
    Spoiler
    Well, I was right about something, Mr Topaz was indeed a dragon... not a dragon that we knew of, but still a dragon.

Why is this fanfic so famous anyway? :I

It was the first big fanfic afaik. And it's damn good as well :P
    Gouchnox said:
    Wadafaq
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Well, if you haven't read it, yeah, you don't know how it's relevant.
    Drugs.
    Gouchnox said:

Well, if you haven't read it, yeah, you don't know how it's relevant.
    Drugs.

I could probably figure out how it's relevant even without reading it. I'm guessing he got addicted to drugs or something.
    My Pokefarm Q Account