Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Minecraft resourcepacks by Gouchnox

GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,350Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
Here I post my up-to-date Minecraft resourcepacks.
If you don't know how to install a pack, about half of the internet is ready to teach you.
Any resoucepack informations (Name, Author, resolution, Minecraft version...) are displayed on the resourepack menu. Some require Faithful x32, so download that and use it with a lower priority.
I handcoded all my models in Notepad++, yes I know there are programs for those, I just like to do it that way.

My pack that I make with tweaks to Minecraft to make them look better. Add some 3D stuff, fix some textures, stuff like that. It's a personal pack, not meant for public use but you might as well use it if you want.
Also this is Frankenstein-level pack so don't whine about pics please.

Download (outdated versions):
[1.8+] [×16] GouchnoxMC x16 v1.zip [11 Jul 2015]
[1.8+] [×32] GouchnoxMC x32 v1.zip [11 Jul 2015] (requires Faithful x32)
[1.9+] [×16] GouchnoxMC x16 v2.zip [13 Mar 2016]
[1.9+] [×32] GouchnoxMC x32 v2.zip [13 Mar 2016] (requires Faithful x32)

image Download (latest version): image
[1.11+] [×32] GouchnoxMC x32 v3.zip [04 Dec 2016] (requires Faithful x32)

These are resourcepacks that only change the in-game font, which allows you to easily switch between styles for your most suited one. All fonts will work in Minecraft version [1.11+]. They can be used in versions [1.8-1.10], though they will display a warning message before activating.

A very neutral font with a bit more details than default. It has a sans, a serif, a narrow and a mono version.The narrow and mono versions were not designed to look good in bold, contrary to my other fonts.
[×32] Font - Sharp Sans.zip [11 Nov 2016]
[×32] Font - Sharp Serif.zip [11 Nov 2016]
[×32] Font - Sharp Narrow.zip [11 Nov 2016]
[×32] Font - Sharp Mono.zip [04 Dec 2016]
Sharp Sans:

Sharp Serif:
Sharp Narrow:
Sharp Mono:

Designed to have squared and very pixelated letters.
[×16] Font - Retro.zip [11 Nov 2016]

Designed after digital alarm clock displays.
[×32] Font - Digital.zip [11 Nov 2016]

An adaptation of the OpenDyslexic3 font in Minecraft. This font was designed for dyslexic people to help them read better, and this is the intent of this font pack. Letters also have been made smoother than regular pixelated fonts with smooth shading.
[×32] Font - OpenDyslexic.zip [13 Nov 2016]

Designed as my personal font pack. It was made prior to the OpenDyslexic one, which I currently use.
[×32] Font - Gouchnox.zip [11 Nov 2016]

Every letter has at a doubled line. This was inspired by Number Sets in mathematics (ℕ, ℤ, ℚ, ℝ, ℂ...).
[×32] Font - Edged.zip [11 Nov 2016]
image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
Post edited by Gouchnox on
Tagged:

Comments

• GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,350Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This is my swamp

To do list:
    connected glass textures
    ocd pack hahahahhah
    3d carrots potataaas beeroot
    hoppers
    observers
    trensparent gui

Done this update:
    removed reality compromisers
    Post edited by Gouchnox on
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,038Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    you should write that's for 1.8, it won't work good on older versions.
    it's a nice pack though, i'll stick to it for a while
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,387Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I'll try it once I start playing Minecraft again.

Also, can you post some screenshots?
  • PurgePurge Posts: 2,014Member, Friendly, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    As they would say on the MC forums: Pics or GTFO
    ""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,550Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use vanilla only. They are pretty nice though. Checked them out.

• That_Cookie_GuyThat_Cookie_Guy Posts: 757Member ✭✭✭
    It looks a bit weird on the workbenches, but other than that it is pretty good.
    ree
  • 100lol100lol Posts: 1,703Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    im first tester xd
    mi firnds: karlolin, gouchnox, unhappyicon, 100lol, carmory

"grlagrgrealg" ~Karlolin

xciting said:

you should write that's for 1.8, it won't work good on older versions.
    it's a nice pack though, i'll stick to it for a while

It is written in the pack description, I guess I forgot to write it here.
    I had a lot of things to not forget to write, so it was obvious I'll forget one.

@a who asked for pics
    It was planned, but it takes a buckload of time, and so I gave myself like one day or so to post them.
    edited June 2015
    Started putting screenshots for the Gouchnox pack.
    Gosh that takes a long time.

An explication of "takes a long time": For each block, I place them in a specific spot in my void word, go to f1, paste my teleport command that puts me at the right angle, take the screenshot, paste it into gimp, change my pack (loads), re-tp and re-screenshots so that both block are in the exact same space, go into gimp, remove the sky behind it, make a gif out of it, upload the gif.
    And that's for a normal block. Now, I'm doing the spawner. For that, I need to remove my particles, and setblock a spawner with edited nbt so that it spawns lighting rods (they appear as invisible), and so that it has no spawn, and do the whole same thing again.

Aaaaand you get that:

Aaaand for the reeds I gotta make water invisible of course. Aaaand to do that I think that I'm gonna have to tweak its model, thanks to the new Mojang policy about invisibility...
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,038Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    edited June 2015
    i think with screenshots, something like this will be sufficient:

Vanilla (comparison)

Faithful (comparison)

Gouchnox (the actual pack)

as one can see, the improvements are not very much at first glance but they are a big difference on a actual building
    also i haven't captured all blocks that have changes to them... not my job ;D

like here:
    faithful only

should use a link here...

with gouchnox

should use a link here...
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
    edited July 2015
    So, I'm currently in the process of entirely re-coding both the acacia and jungle door, like I did with the oak and iron one, so that they are more tasty and stuff. After which, I might prettify the hinges of the dark oak and spruce doors, which is gonna be a fucking pain for the dark oak due to the fact that its texture doesn't work like the other ones (for reasons). yay fun.
    This got me thinking about this lighting glitch. You see, this glitch occurs because the whole model of the door is contained in the bottom part, and not both parts. In the default minecraft model, the door model is separated into two, the first going in the bottom part of the door, and the second doing in the top part. For my pack, I contained everything in the bottom part. Why, you may ask?

1. Because it's what the Shpax pack does. If you don't know, this pack is like one of the most famous minecraft packs, and the guys are so good on models that their own model software is the best one for making minecraft models, and the only one that has a (pricey) pro version. So... if they did that, they had their reasons.
    2. Because it's easier to code with. Instead of having your model in two folders, you have everything in one, which makes it very handy. You might not realize, but there are 4 models for each door (top, bottom, top opened, bottom opened), and 7 doors in the game, so it gets very very messy. having everything in less folders is just a lot smoother, and uses less polygons overall.
    3. Having the model on the bottom side of the door allows me to use it for my item model, and therefore, allows me to have an item model. Kinda.. useful, ain't it?

So... could I fix this lighting glitch? Yes, I could. It would require me to spit all my door files into two, and re-do all the relative coordinates, which would take days, but I could do it.
    ... huh...
    Something just stroke my mind...
    The door is a... transparent block. Why does it has a lighting glitch in the first place? Like... what? The block shouldn't be affected by lighting!
    Hum... let me test that real quick...

[my reaction when seeing this]

Ooooookay...
    Let me explain this real quick.
    The lighting glitch that you see, you know, the black texture and all, is a pretty usual thing that you encounter when you deal with modeling in minecraft. Basically, since a block is hiding the side of your modeled block, all the sides of the model's polygons that are facing this block will turn black (if it is a solid block). So... for example, with the first image I showed you at the beginning, since the stone block is, let's say, at the north of the door, that means that every texture that is facing north in the door model is gonna turn black. As you might have seen in my pictures, it doesn't quite work that way, and only the side that is directly touching the block gets affected. You know why this makes me rage? Because this is not a lighting glitch, because, as I said, there can't be a lighting glitch with a transparent block that is, therefore, not affected by lighting. Translation? Mojang is, once again, trying to show me how stupid it is. Is there a solution to this? Hold on, I think I have an idea.

Edit: my reaction was way worst than that, I just couldn't find a video that had a worst reaction. Like, seriously, if I had a mike, I would have dropped it.

I've always wanted to be a missing texture.
    Okay, coding jungle doors is kinda draining me at the moment, it's normal that I'm starting to drive myself a little nuts. Kinda. I don't even know English good.
    Layer stacking is just so fat. Look at that. Aaaaall the layers. It would use less polygons to do every pixel separately, but I want to keep my brain safe from exploding. Yes, I know that I could do that in two seconds with an external program, shut up voice in my brain, I don't want to.
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,335Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Gouchnox said:

I've always wanted to be a missing texture.
    Okay, coding jungle doors is kinda draining me at the moment, it's normal that I'm starting to drive myself a little nuts. Kinda. I don't even know English good.
    Layer stacking is just so fat. Look at that. Aaaaall the layers. It would use less polygons to do every pixel separately, but I want to keep my brain safe from exploding. Yes, I know that I could do that in two seconds with an external program, shut up voice in my brain, I don't want to.

MOJANG'S CODING SKILLS ARE VERY QUALITY
    edited July 2015

MOJANG'S CODING SKILLS ARE VERY QUALITY

Nono, those are my coding skills you see there.
    I'm taking my old layer stacking from my previous model and removing the test, to re-do the thing. Cause, clearly, I don't want to redo the stacking from scratch. So... this is my old model, not converted.
    This is how my old model looks like with my new textures and blotcktates. Since the new textures are not applied, it's kinda having trouble on that end, and since I'm using the default miencraft blockstates instead of my old crappy modified ones, it ends up in the door being in the wrong side of the block. All my shit here, nothing from Mojang (which is a bit surprising, I must admit)
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,470Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Let's be honest, Minecraft is a horribly coded monstrosity.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    Shylight said:

Let's be honest, Minecraft is a horribly coded monstrosity.

ikr ?
    edited July 2015

Yeah, so this convo is basically gonna be me posting weird previews of what I'm coding.
    Right now, I'm doing some alts for the mushroom models. So that mushrooms have some variants. For now, I have 4 (for the brown mushroom). And this, right there, is what I used to see if the model randomization of the game was balanced. All variants were asignated with a different plank texture (because the wool names were too long, seriously, wool_colored_[color]? Seriously Mojang? Why "colored"? They all are!). I place 100 of them, take a screenshot of those, and count all of them. According to probability calculations, the number of mushrooms of the same colors should vary between 15 and 35. Which it does in this picture (oak is 34, and birch is 19), so the probability of model alts is truly balanced in this game.
    This is what I spend my time on when I'm not listening to FO:E.
    Hmm… did they remove the custom world generators? If not, it might be better for testing such stuff. Then again, I might be talking out of my arse ^_^'
    Shylight said:

Hmm… did they remove the custom world generators? If not, it might be better for testing such stuff. Then again, I might be talking out of my arse ^_^'

Nono, they didn't.
    But it's quicker to /fill 100 mushrooms for a quick verification than to build a new world, take a screenshot of a specific number of mushrooms, and do the same thing.

This is the randomization for the red mushrooms. Which are, you know, a different block from the brown ones. And yet, the randomization is the exact same as the brown one. So... we learned something I guess? The alts are pre-loaded.
    Perhaps alt is determined by coordinates?
    Shylight said:

Perhaps alt is determined by coordinates?

It seems to load a specific coordinate schematic that is specific to each blocks that has the same number of variants. So... my mushrooms have 4 variants, and they follow the same pattern, even when I break and replace them, but it does not follow the same pattern for bedrock, which has 2 variants.
    Hold on, I got to test something.
    I know that Aurora Blocks from Twilight Forest use coordinates to determine their colour. Unless they're custom coded, this might be the mechanism they use. Then again,
    I might be talking out of my arse ^_^'
    Let's make an experiment, shall we?

First, I change the 4th variation of the brown and the red mushroom so that they appear blue. I take a screenshot of 100 brown mushrooms, and then 100 red mushrooms in the exact same place.

Those are not in the same place. This test was just made to make sure if the same alt of all blocks that had the same amount of alts were placed at the same place, which isn't the case.

Next, I color every alt of both mushrooms. First is red, second is green, third is yellow, and forth is blue.

First of all, we see that, even if the mushroom have been broken and replaced (using /fill), the blue ones remain the same, hinting that the alts are defined by the coordinates. Second of all, we see that every color in the brown sample perfectly matches another one in the red sample. Therefore, alt coordinates are shared with all all different blocks, but the game doesn't remember which alt has which coordinate throughout the different blocks, only with the same block.
    Next, I change and reload my resourecpack, and, as expected, the coordinates are kept.
    Next, I modify the brown mushroom blockstates, which is what defines the variants, and remove one variants so that it becomes a 3-alt block. I load it in minecraft, and revert the process. The coordinates and placement of the colors remain unchanged.
    Next, I go to a completely different seed, and paste in the command to fill the mycelium and brown mushroom at the exact same coordinates. The placement is the exact same, which means that, exactly like the bedrock layout, the alt coordinates isn't world specific and is pre-built into the game code.
    Are you aware of how flower forests work? Mushrooms work like that.

No, this is not mushroom specific, but all model alts work like that.
    So... flowers, model alts, and bedrock.
    Gouchnox said:

If you're getting the same model alts, wouldn't that mean it would be like the flower types in the flower forests....
    I should read your investigation again.

Gouchnox said:

If you're getting the same model alts, wouldn't that mean it would be like the flower types in the flower forests....
    I should read your investigation again.
    Model alts, like flower generation (not only in forests), like bedrock formation, isn't seed specific. All of those are pre determined by the game, and all have the same type at the same coordinates in each world. Mushrooms aren't related to flower in any way, you know, besides the fact that they are transparent and you can put them in pots. Besides, I wasn't talking about the block generation in the world, but the alt layout