Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

[SOLVED] Gaming not starting properly - everything loads except the cookies.

gd920gd920 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports
Relevant picture here: http://i.imgur.com/BzUM2sO.png

Fired up Cookie Clicker tonight only to find out that it didn't work. The background stays a permanent effect, and my bank doesn't even load as does any cookies per second. Clicking on where the cookie was supposed to be only popped up a bunch of text that doesn't go away, and I can't buy anything since I can't access the bank.

Tried solving it on my own with some advice, and here is what I can say:

- It is not the ad blocker.
- It is not any extension I have on my Google Chrome.
- I have tried refreshing with both F5 and Ctrl-F5, repeatedly.
- I have scanned my computer to see if there was anything malicious, but there's nothing.
- The Google Chrome console repeatedly says "failed to load resource". Not sure what that means.

At this point I don't know what to do anymore. The game starts perfectly fine in Incognito mode, where I don't have any extensions installed. However, I already tried disabling all the extensions on my regular Google Chrome and restarted it, and Cookie Clicker still doesn't work.

I'd appreciate any input. Also, I tried searching the list of known bugs and I haven't found anything close to what I have.
Post edited by gd920 on

Comments

• Zell0sZell0s Member Posts: 76
    Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? (remember to export save if you haven't already)
  • gd920gd920 Member Posts: 3
    Zell0s said:

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? (remember to export save if you haven't already)

Amazingly enough, no. I cleared all of my cache/cookies, and it still had no effect.
  • Code101Code101 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I have the same problem, I've done everything I could but it doesnt work, im using the latest Google Chrome on Windows 7 64-bit if that helps at all.
    It was ever since the latest update.

EDIT: The beta version works fine for me though.
  • spyder1369spyder1369 Member Posts: 1
    Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Not enough arguments" nsresult: "0x80570001 (NS_ERROR_XPC_NOT_ENOUGH_ARGS)" location: "JS frame :: http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/main.js?v=1.5044 :: anonymous :: line 3137" data: no]

Thats the error im getting with this, works fine on a newer version of firefox on my windows pc, but problems here on my linux box running an older version of firefox
  • IrvalFirestarIrvalFirestar Member Posts: 312 ✭✭
    Probably javascript thingy only partially downloaded/not loading properly. You need to delete that script off your browser, but it was supposed to be wiped out along with the cache....

Run CCleaner yet?
    sigimage.php?u=632574&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2
  • Maxzilla60Maxzilla60 Member Posts: 2
    I also have this problem.
    I don't understand what IrvalFirestar means by deleting a script off my browser.
  • clap2timesclap2times Member Posts: 1
    Hmmm, I was having the same problem and I was able to get it working by disabling my SmoothScroll extension (as people in this thread suggested). Not sure what else it could be, have you tried opening it in private browsing and seeing what happens?
  • JordanTHJordanTH Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I'm also having this problem. I tried disabling SmoothScroll, like clap2times suggested, but unfortunately it didn't help the issue. I even tried to disable all of them, but still nothing.
  • gd920gd920 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013

Hmmm, I was having the same problem and I was able to get it working by disabling my SmoothScroll extension (as people in this thread suggested). Not sure what else it could be, have you tried opening it in private browsing and seeing what happens?

That's actually very interesting. I tried enabling SmoothScroll on my incognito, and it broke Cookie Clicker. Then I disabled it and tried it again in a new incognito window, and the game ran perfectly fine. I think you may be on to something here.

I'll try around and see if I can get it to work again.

EDIT: It does indeed appear to be the SmoothScroll Chrome extension that's preventing the game from loading properly. I'm not 100% sure it's SmoothScroll, but I'll let it run for a while and see if anything changes.
    JordanTH said:

I'm also having this problem. I tried disabling SmoothScroll, like clap2times suggested, but unfortunately it didn't help the issue. I even tried to disable all of them, but still nothing.

You need to disable SmoothScroll, then close Chrome entirely. After you open Chrome again, it should be able to work.
  • Aidank11Aidank11 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I have just recently got windows 7. Cookie clicker is not loading. I get on the screen and it says ( LOADING... ) i dont know how to get it loading again
  • JacobMIXJacobMIX Member, Helpful, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEESSS ANY OF THIS HELP? :
    http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/632/unofficial-forum-help-thread/p1
    If the game or save does not work: Try pressing F5 or put Game.Load() in your console.
    Also try and see if you have any programs or extensions that delete cookies and cache.
    And check if you have set your browser to automatically delete cookies and cache.
    If that does not work try to restart you browser, pc, router, ect.
    (also please take off/disable any adblocker and pop up blocker while using cookie clicker
    some other extensions like ''SmoothScroll'' and ''MonsterDivx'' might also cause problems)
    And if the game is lagging try turning off some things in settings (under menu)
    (*it could also be that your cache is full if so you have to delete some)
    Backup your save regularly. DO NOT CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES!
    I’m me and that’s that
    GG = Good-Game
    Does anyone still keep count? :
    SOPA 1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0 | PIPA | ACTA
    CISPA | PCIP | FISA | NDAA | TPP

And if you need any help you can get it here: Part 1, Part 2, Read, DUPES, 2.0
  • ChristyGamerChristyGamer Member Posts: 3
    The same was happening with me, but I updated my Flash Version and it worked fine.
    Play Ben 10 Games @ http://www.ben10gamesfree.com