Relevant picture here: http://i.imgur.com/BzUM2sO.png
Fired up Cookie Clicker tonight only to find out that it didn't work. The background stays a permanent effect, and my bank doesn't even load as does any cookies per second. Clicking on where the cookie was supposed to be only popped up a bunch of text that doesn't go away, and I can't buy anything since I can't access the bank.
Tried solving it on my own with some advice, and here is what I can say:
- It is not the ad blocker.
- It is not any extension I have on my Google Chrome.
- I have tried refreshing with both F5 and Ctrl-F5, repeatedly.
- I have scanned my computer to see if there was anything malicious, but there's nothing.
- The Google Chrome console repeatedly says "failed to load resource". Not sure what that means.
At this point I don't know what to do anymore. The game starts perfectly fine in Incognito mode, where I don't have any extensions installed. However, I already tried disabling all the extensions on my regular Google Chrome and restarted it, and Cookie Clicker still doesn't work.
I'd appreciate any input. Also, I tried searching the list of known bugs and I haven't found anything close to what I have.