Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

IGM IDE (sort of)

Mac15001900Mac15001900 Posts: 104Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Developer's Lounge

It has colors!
It has code folds!
It has code folds inside of code folds too!
Ctrl+Click -> Go to building/resource/etc!
It can quickly list everything that produces, consumes or costs something!

So yeah, I've made quite a few tricks to help myself in making IGM stuff that I've started calling it an IDE. Now I've finally made a guide on how to set those things up. I hope that's useful.

First, get:
Notepad++ and this color package for colors and folds
Autohotkey and this script for the rest

For just the coloring and code folds:
1. Install and launch Notepad++
2. Go to Language->Define your language->Import->Select the first file you've downloaded
3. You should see "Import successful" message. Quit and launch Notepad++ again.
4. To use the IGM coloring in any file, select Language->IGM.
5. To begin a new fold type this, in a separate line: //Some name\ f (note the space between \ and f)
6. To end a fold: //Actually, you don't need any text here\\
7. The end and begin a new fold (I use mostly this): //Name of new section\\ f (note the space between \ and f)

For scripts:
0. DISCLAIMER: this is intended for Windows systems. It probably works on other OSes too, but I have no way to test it.
1. Install AutoHotkey
2. Launch the second file you've downloaded by double-clicking it
3. In Notepad++, press Ctrl+F
4. Make sure those two options are selected.
5. It's ready to use! Use Ctrl+Left Mouse Button to jump to definition of a building/upgrade/etc. After turning off NumLock, use Ctrl+1 (on Numpad) to list all instances producing a resource, Ctrl+2 for consuming and Ctrl+3 for costs.
EDIT: 6. To use the results, double-click on each of them to jump to this line (couldn't get it to display the building names though, this may happen in the future).
7. If you don't like those shortcuts, feel free to edit the script file (using Notepad++, for example). This should help.
8. When turning on your computer just launch the script again. If you don't want the script running in your background, kill "AutoHotkey" process in your task manager (though it should also appear on the standard list of programs running in the background too).

Have fun and let me know if it works for you ;)
Post edited by Mac15001900 on
Tagged:

Comments

• AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,528Member, Friendly, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't test it right now, but if this works properly I want this thread promoted!
    Have my awesome til then.
    "Creativity! It's basically just a lot of stealing." ~ Tom Thomas TomSka Ridgewell
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power." ~ King Baldwin IV (Kingdom of heaven)
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,403Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    I don't do IGM stuff anymore and am too lazy to test it, but it sounds/looks really awesome!
  • Golden_FreddyGolden_Freddy Posts: 4Member
    The language is no work for golden freddy. Plz help. I can't use the folds, event hough i've imported the fold language
  • Mac15001900Mac15001900 Posts: 104Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    So I take it that coloring works. Can you copy some text where you've tried to use folds and paste it here?
    EDIT: Ok, my bad, forgot to include one thing in the instruction (now points 3 and 4).
    Post edited by Mac15001900 on
  • Mac15001900Mac15001900 Posts: 104Member ✭✭✭
    New feature added: automatic upload. Go straight from text editor into your game with one keyboard shortcut, while the script uploads the new code to pastebin!

This one does require some additional setup.
    Lazy setup:
    0. DISCLAIMER. Again, I've only tested it on Windows with Chrome as the browser. It will probably work with a different configuration but there is a chance it will not.
    1. Download the new script file.
    2. Include "ahklanding" in your paste (you can begin a line with // to make a comment). This will help the script locate the paste on the page.
    3. Have your opened browser as the first icon on the Windows toolbar, your pastes with code and stylesheet on 6th and 7th tab and your game on 8th tab. By having a paste open I mean just a page like this http://pastebin.com/9Z5B7WFD, not in edit mode.
    4. While in text editor in the text field, use Ctrl+q to upload it to 6th tab and Ctrl+e to upload it to 7th tab.

Advanced setup (customize some stuff from points 3. and 4.):
    Open the script with a text editor. Here are the fields you might want to modify: