Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Gouchnox's (not) upcoming idle game (really don't expect anything it's not comming any time soon)

GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,345Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Developer's Lounge
I'm not working on it please don't spam me

Oh and it's pointless to vote.
image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
Post edited by Gouchnox on

Gouchnox's (not) upcoming idle game (really don't expect anything it's not comming any time soon) 38 votes

"Cobble Miner"
34%
¤RunninginReverse¤Anon9mousIdlerKarlolinGardevoirDarkуDarthCookieUnhappyIconMiningcookiesVIIImedsal15Carmoryjorgito24Remzi 13 votes
"Cobble Clicker"
21%
CalamityMasterSparkyCookiewoodstockZonoro13WalterWhiteDweebReepileLeviC53 8 votes
"Cobble Generator"
2%
TrevinMaciel 1 vote
"Cobble Compressor" (compressing cobblestone will be a freature of the game)
21%
Alderi100lolLethrblakaUiomancantmaindogDarkmatterfireLunaticGamblerIan5 8 votes
"Cobble Harvester"
2%
pinkydash 1 vote
Tellurim
18%
[Deleted User]BurntCookieLucky111RagonoidLorddirt2TechGamingpilotofsomething 7 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• DarkуDarkу Posts: 945Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cobble Miner"
    Because it sounds good, can't wait for the game^^
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    "Miner" is just too . . . basic, you know. "Compressor" is more hard-looking and . . . BADASS!

Seriously though, I really prefer "compressor" over the other ones. It sounds cooler in my opinion and since it's a feature of the game, it's not out of place.
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,345Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously though, I really prefer "compressor" over the other ones. It sounds cooler in my opinion and since it's a feature of the game, it's not out of place.

Really, they all are game features. It's just that "compressor" is more confusing than the rest, as you can't really guess that it's something that you'll be doing in an idle game about cobblestone.
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,444Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cobble Miner"
    I dunno...

Maybe Cobble Inc.?
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,865Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cobble Miner"
    Anon9mous said:

I dunno...

Maybe Cobble Inc.?

Cobble Corps.!
    I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
    Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
    Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
    You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore
    edited April 2015
    WHERE'S MY COOKIE?!! YOU BETRAYER!!! I'M'NA RIP YOU!!!

Edit: Thank ye! :3
    Gouchnox said:

Really, they all are game features. It's just that "compressor" is more confusing than the rest, as you can't really guess that it's something that you'll be doing in an idle game about cobblestone.
    Well. "Clicker" is overused by games inspired by Cookie Clicker. "Miner" is just the same for Minecraft. I'd use "Harvester" for something more natural, like harvesting a tree.
    "Generator" could be fine but then it comes down to personal preference, so I chose "Compressor."

That's my train of thought.
  • StellarexysStellarexys Posts: 1,348Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    I thought about a name: CobbleCraft. Oh well.
  • ReepileReepile Posts: 1,605Member ✭✭✭✭
    "Cobble Clicker"
    Because alliteration is just yay :D
    Successful Forum Games (By LeReep)
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    - Eternal Dungeon (and other stuff like that)
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,403Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    "Cobble Acquirer"
    "Cobble Obtainer"
    "Cobble Accruer"

Honestly I feel that the "Noun Verber" name formula has gotten a little old at this point. Especially if the verb is "click".

"Cobblestone: The Game"
    "Not Enough Cobble"

My favorite of the ones supplied is Compressor, because it sounds kinda cool and is alliterate. Not sure I would be able to come up with a better one, but I feel like I would prefer a good name that isn't Noun Verber formula.

(Of course, the name doesn't matter much compared to the actual game. :P)
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,470Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Tellurium said:

"Cobble Acquirer"
    "Cobble Obtainer"
    "Cobble Accruer"

Honestly I feel that the "Noun Verber" name formula has gotten a little old at this point. Especially if the verb is "click".

"Cobblestone: The Game"
    "Not Enough Cobble"

My favorite of the ones supplied is Compressor, because it sounds kinda cool and is alliterate. Not sure I would be able to come up with a better one, but I feel like I would prefer a good name that isn't Noun Verber formula.

(Of course, the name doesn't matter much compared to the actual game. :P)

Cobble Gobbler
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    Now, I'm split between Cobble Miner and Luri's idea.
    Damn it.
    Gouchnox said:

Now, I'm split between Cobble Miner and Luri's idea.
    Damn it.

If you don't take Luri's idea, he will ban you.
    I'm only saying that because I like his idea! ^_^'
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,528Member, Friendly, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Game of Cobbles"
    "Creativity! It's basically just a lot of stealing." ~ Tom Thomas TomSka Ridgewell
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power." ~ King Baldwin IV (Kingdom of heaven)
    DasBloody said:

"Game of Cobbles"

The Cobble Games
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,394Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cobble cobble (It sounds like a turkey!)

I like cobble compresor the best though.

"Cobbléstone - gotta smash them all"
    "Creativity! It's basically just a lot of stealing." ~ Tom Thomas TomSka Ridgewell
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power." ~ King Baldwin IV (Kingdom of heaven)
    DasBloody said:

"Cobbléstone - gotta compressem' all"

Fixed for you!

Cobblestone: The Gathering
    edited April 2015

Cobblestone: The Gathering

10/10 I like using the rock demons and fire demons. They make lava to create more cobble!

• DarkуDarkу Posts: 945Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cobble Miner"
    "My Little Cobblestone: Mining is Magic"

"My Little Cobblestone: Mining is Magic"

+4 !
    Now I have absolutely no idea of a good title.
    Yes, "My Little Cobblestone: Mining is Magic" is good, but I want a legit title.
    Gouchnox said:

Yes, "My Little Cobblestone: Mining is Magic" is good, but I want a legit title.

It depends how solid the game will be.

*"wtf" look*

Gouchnox said:

I expect it to be very solid. Cobblestone is rock hard, after all. *puts on his sunglasses and launches Spotify to play disco music*
  • MiningcookiesVIIIMiningcookiesVIII Posts: 1,865Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cobble Miner"
    Gouchnox said:

Cobble corps
    I said, STOP SUICIDING. ~Idler
    Uh your so ugly I frgotz how 2 grammer ~Darkmatterfire
    Why is 10 afraid of people who can't count? Because 7 8 10! ~Pighouse
    You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!~Darkmatterfire
    Post farmer, an IGM game I made. Thingk RPG, a creative forum game I made. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
    ~A. Dumbledore

Gouchnox said:

I expect it to be very solid. Cobblestone is rock hard, after all. *puts on his sunglasses and launches Spotify to play disco music*
    Do you pumice this to me?

• ShylightShylight Posts: 6,470Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    edited April 2015
    Gouchnox said:

I actually like "NEC" that Luri suggested ^_^

Especially considering that it's (intentionally or not) another reference to Minecraft :P
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    I really like the name you picked in the end!

Hehe, I'm ninja'ing the creator of the game, hehe.*
This discussion has been closed.