Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Would you look at that . . . (AdVenture Capitalist on Steam!)

LethrblakaLethrblaka Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Off Topic
I think some of you guys are familiar with AdVenture Capitalist, right? I've never played it or even known what it was all about but it just so happened that this game . . . just got on Steam!

Approximately 30 minutes ago!
Yeah, this is only for bragging rights because I love to stalk the Steam DataBase. :P

Should I bother playing it? Is it fun? Are there any micro-transactions in it? Do you recommend it? Do you want me to stop with all these questions?

Link to its Steam Store page: store.steampowered.com/app/346900/

Comments

• DarkyDarky Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play it, its awesome!
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Play it, its awesome!

But should I play the Steam, the Kongregate or the mobile version? So many choices, I'm going to swoon!
  • DarkyDarky Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Play it, its awesome!

But should I play the Steam, the Kongregate or the mobile version? So many choices, I'm going to swoon!
    I think it doesn't matter
  • AlderiAlderi Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, gonna test this :p
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
  • ReepileReepile Member Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I love it. Sadly stopped, but it is really one of my top idle games. Because idle games are somehow fun. Somehow.
    Somehow...
    whats wrongwith me
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,451 Mod
    Now it's just a game I used to play
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    Well, I chose to play the Kongregate version as it seems it's this one that is the most regularly updated. The concept is really cool! And it's been an awful while since I played an idle game! Good times!
  • That_Cookie_GuyThat_Cookie_Guy Member Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Play it, its awesome!

What about its awesome?
    ree
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyzzyzus said:

You can go to teh moon now too!

Yup.

HUGE update that pretty much DOUBLES the amount of in-game content.
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
    Zyzzyzus said:

YAY! You're back! And it's even in my thread! ^_^
  • TheJosephTheJoseph Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    why the hell is an idle doing on Steam? oh well, atleast it's free
    Damn counter
    Anon9mous said:

Zyzzyzus said:

Yup.

But… Isn't the moon pretty much the clone of Earth and is "hard reset without actually hard resetting"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭
    i left the game a while ago
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Zyzzyzus said:

Shylight said:

Anon9mous said:

Zyzzyzus said:

Yup.

But… Isn't the moon pretty much the clone of Earth and is "hard reset without actually hard resetting"?
    In some ways it is. But it is balanced completely differently. Plus you can exchange Earth/Moon currency for mega bucks. They do nothing ATM but they will do in the future. So it isn't a complete hard reset. It's probably better for people newer to the game.
    I just can't get motivated to play it anymore, I guess. I tried. Didn't work out.
    Welp, I got bored of it. There's no interaction like other games of this style (Cookie Clicker, IGM games) and the flavoury stuff is quasi-non-existent so there's not much point in playing for a long while.

Welp, I got bored of it. There's no interaction like other games of this style (Cookie Clicker, IGM games) and the flavoury stuff is quasi-non-existent so there's not much point in playing for a long while.

Yup. The game is plain boring.
  • FrancuzoFrancuzo Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    I saw it today on steam. I'm too busy with cookie clicker to try it B)
    Francuzo said:

And taking into consideration your comments I don't think I'll ever try it
    Francuzo said:

Francuzo said:

Lol. Yeah, it's not very worth investing your time in this game, you're better off keeping playing Cookie Clicker. Hail Toeguy!
    Also it's kind of stupid to play it on Steam, really, since you have to leave the game open to make progress. Not necessarily, but it helps monitoring everything at all time.
    Is it the first idle game on steam?
    Francuzo said:

Is it the first idle game on steam?

Yes, it is.
  • Dont_questionDont_question Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    NO it laaggs like hell. Hell laggs so much because of firery blazes :(
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Member Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭

Francuzo said:

Francuzo said:

Lol. Yeah, it's not very worth investing your time in this game, you're better off keeping playing Cookie Clicker. Hail Toeguy!
    Also it's kind of stupid to play it on Steam, really, since you have to leave the game open to make progress. Not necessarily, but it helps monitoring everything at all time.
    Nope.

In fact all you end up doing is open the game, buy stuff, reset, close it 5 minutes after, repeat the next day.
    who gives a shit 1954

Francuzo said:

Francuzo said:

Nope.

In fact all you end up doing is open the game, buy stuff, reset, close it 5 minutes after, repeat the next day.
    That's not what I meant. It's more effective to stay in front of your screen at all time to see if you can improve something.

It's like Cookie Clicker on this part. Sure, you can leave your tab open and don't worry about it but it's way more efficient to click Golden Cookies and stuff.
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Member Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭

Nope.

That's not what I meant. It's more effective to stay in front of your screen at all time to see if you can improve something.

It's like Cookie Clicker on this part. Sure, you can leave your tab open and don't worry about it but it's way more efficient to click Golden Cookies and stuff.
    At the beginning of the game it is. (or something like that, it was a long time ago since I started the game)
    But once you get enough angels to buy all upgrades in 2 minutes and all buildings with full speed bars, you won't leave your game open more than 10 minutes just after resetting, and 5 the few days after until you reset again.
    On the moon the only thing that keeps my game open is that I must wait for my bars and mines (respectively 5th and 7th buildings) to pay off because their timers aren't fast enough, but I know that once I'll get the 600 of everything unlock in a matter of seconds my sessions will get much faster.
    (On earth I get back where I left off in 5 minutes of buying and half a day of night-idling.)
    who gives a shit 1954
    It's not too lame to be the first Idle game on steam.