Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Super Paper Mario Discussion Thread

KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
Because Wynaut. People love it.

I have watched LP's (2 different) of the game and I can tell that when I finally get my hands on a Wii (that moment will never happen) the first game I will buy is Super Paper Mario.
i shouldnt even be alive at this point
but i am

Comments

• DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    My copy is broken. I might buy another one later.

I'm also watching Lucahjin's LP of SPM.
  • ReepileReepile Member Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭
    I got that game!!
    I'm always looking for LP's, totally love it! I needed to cheat on the first level because when I first played I was 7 and I was like..
    How do you get in there!? WHATTT!
    Only got up to 3-1. Then I got sort of bored. I'm oddly attracted to all the cooking recipes and collectibles though. I think I might morph into a OCD Perfectionist one day...
    whats wrongwith me
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPM is like majoras mask for mario. the story is dark and the gameplay is great.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say it, but is there any italian version of Super Paper Mario?
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idler said:

I hate to say it, but is there any italian version of Super Paper Mario?

Well, Mario is a the Italian. Just ask him.
    but i am
  • kenmariokenmario Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    My influence over the forum grows.

I completed it for the second time this morning - huzzah!
    I gave the Flipside's Pit of 100 Trials a shot as well; made it to the boss with no items and 5hp left.
    Long story short, I do not want to attempt it again for quite a while.

However, I do want to get all collectibles in the game - all Cooking Disks, Pixls and Capture Cards.
    I imagine it's gonna be a tough one.

A question for the folks who've completed the game: have you beaten the Pit(s) of 100 Trials and, if so, what tactics/items/pixls did you use?
    Goodbye the old, and welcome the new.
    The Fantasy Item Generator - Over 1.6e+117 Items
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played it, messed up my save during the second world, the weird spider lady, I left mid-chase, and now she appears by the entrance, and I forgot which way to go.

I played it, messed up my save during the second world, the weird spider lady, I left mid-chase, and now she appears by the entrance, and I forgot which way to go.

mimi is a creepy girl
    but i am
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karlolin said:

mimi is a creepy girl
    and she apparently waits for you at the front door like a stalker or something

Karlolin said:

mimi is a creepy girl
    and she apparently waits for you at the front door like a stalker or something
    plus she can transform into people
    but i am
  • kenmariokenmario Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

You have to search through the maze - you can't leave!
    Somewhere in the maze is a set of bathrooms - try looking inside.

EDIT: I really shoulda done that in rhyming Merlee fashion.
    Goodbye the old, and welcome the new.
    The Fantasy Item Generator - Over 1.6e+117 Items
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is in my top 10 games of all time.

SPOILERS BTW
    I think Count Bleck and Tippi is a very underrated pairing and love story too. Almost everyone who makes a countdown about pairings in Nintendo games or games in general always represent the Mario franchise with the cold-as-fuck love between Mario and Peach or something, if they represent the franchise at all. I think they have the best and most tragic love story in the entire realm of gaming.

Yeah.
    kenmario said:

My influence over the forum grows.

I completed it for the second time this morning - huzzah!
    I gave the Flipside's Pit of 100 Trials a shot as well; made it to the boss with no items and 5hp left.
    Long story short, I do not want to attempt it again for quite a while.

However, I do want to get all collectibles in the game - all Cooking Disks, Pixls and Capture Cards.
    I imagine it's gonna be a tough one.

A question for the folks who've completed the game: have you beaten the Pit(s) of 100 Trials and, if so, what tactics/items/pixls did you use?

Never did that...

I think once i tried the first one and gave up in the middle of it. I had rented the game for only a week and didn't know what to do about them so i just went and beated the game :P
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.